Exit-entry policy for Shanghai's construction of science - technology innovation center
I. Overseas talent standards
1. Let the market decide the salary and taxes of talent from overseas adjusted to salary standards. The 2015 standards have an annual salary above 600,000 yuan and tax above 120,000 yuan.
2. Anyone with talent management authority or special talent, from Hong Kong and Macao is free from the age-60 limit.
3. Talented foreigners of Hong Kong and Macao residents on the science and technology innovation list or high-level professionals vouched for by technology innovation companies with Shanghai accreditation are free from the age-60 limit.
II. Overseas talent applying for permanent residence
1. The applicant's income and tax level should meet standards and the person must have worked in Shanghai for four consecutive years, with no fewer than six months every year and have a recommendation from the company.
2. Talent from abroad with talent administration accreditation can apply for a Talent Work Permit, valid for five years and can apply for permanent residency after working for three years and being recommended by the company. The evaluation time is 90 days.
3. Professionals hired and vouched for by businesses on the science and technology innovation list can apply for a Talent Work Permit valid for five years by showing the work contract and other evidence and can apply for permanent residency after working for three years and being recommended by the company. The evaluation time is 90 days.
III. Talent from abroad applying for an R (talent) visa
Talented personnel with a certificate from the talent administration or companies on the science and technology innovation list can apply for an R-visa with Shanghai port. Other visa holders with the above-mentioned certificate can apply for the R-visa with the Shanghai exit-entry authority.
IV. Foreign students applying for residence permit
In the past, foreign students needed at least two years of work experience to work in China, but the new Public Security Ministry policy now allows foreign students interested in innovation or starting a business in Shanghai can work in Shanghai right after graduation and apply for a residence permit. The new rule says that foreign students can submit a diploma and innovation or business plan or a certificate to apply for a residence permit with a validity of two years and can use the time to do an internship or innovation and business start-up activities. If they are hired, they could apply for a work residence permit.