What do we know about the Omicron variant?
4. How is the Omicron variant transmitted?
Like previous strains, the Omicron variant is spread via respiratory droplets, close contact and aerosolized particles.
5. In what environments does the Omicron variant spread?
Like previous strains, closed indoor environments are most conducive to transmission of the variant.
6. What can we do to protect ourselves from the Omicron variant?
- Keep a physical distance of at least 1 meter from others
- Wear a well-fitting mask
- Open windows regularly to improve ventilation and indoor air quality
- Avoid poorly ventilated or crowded spaces
- Keep hands clean
- Cough or sneeze into a bent elbow or tissue
- Get vaccinated in accordance with personal needs, work requirements, and local regulations