Renewal of Residence Permit
A foreigner who has obtained the Foreigner’s Residence Permit or Residence Card issued by Shanghai Public Security Bureau and has continued to work in the original unit reapplies for the Foreigner’s Residence Permit.
1. Submitting the Foreigner Visa and Residence Permit Application Form completely filled up and one recent 2-inch half-length, bareheaded and full-faced photograph;
2. Submitting the official letter of application of the unit;
3. Submitting the original and the copy of the Certificate of Approval of Enterprise, the Duplicate of Business License or the Representative Agency Registration Certificate and the organization code;
4. Submitting the applicant’s Passport and the Residence Card, if any;
5. Submitting the original of the Employment Credential, the Expert Certificate, the Work Permit for Foreign Personnel Engaged in the Offshore Petroleum Operations or the Permit for Commercialized Theatrical Performance through annual examination or the Shanghai Residence Card B;
6. Vice president should submit the original of the Identity Authentication Certificate;
7. Submitting the original and the copy of the official letter of Shanghai Foreign Economic Relations and Trade Commission or Shanghai People’s Government Foreign Affairs Office or the Shanghai Residence Card B if the foreigner who has obtained the Foreigner’s Residence Permit valid for two years or more changes the working unit.
Ⅲ. Business Hours and Place: Monday-Saturday 9:00-17:00
Note: Credentials are handled alone on Saturday.
1500, Minsheng Road, Pudong New Area
IV. Time Limit of Handling and Winding Up a Case: Within 5 working days, if application documents are complete
V. Fee Standard: For details, see the Visa Fee Standard of Reciprocal Countries and Non-Reciprocal Countries, the State Development and Planning Commission and the Ministry of Finance (J. J. G.  No.392)
VI. Information Telephone: 28951900
VII. Supervision Telephone: 68547109